Africa Climate Smart Agriculture Congress
The inaugural Africa Climate Smart Agriculture Congress is taking place on 15-16 May 2018 in Nairobi, Kenya. The Congress will bring together senior representatives from ministries of agriculture, heads of key agri-related public institutions, UN agencies, agricultural firms, NGOs, farm associations, agriculture research and development institutes, investors, donors and the private sector to look at innovations, partnerships and financing to advance climate smart agriculture in East Africa.
The agenda will cover technological innovations, capacity building, innovative financing, partnerships and the use of big data to advance climate-smart agriculture practices across East Africa. The participants will discover how to secure financial investment for CSA initiatives, improve agricultural productivity and scale adoption of technological innovations in agricultural systems. View agenda
By offering keynote addresses, panel discussions and interactive roundtable sessions, the Africa Climate Smart Agriculture Congress enables robust debates on sustainable agricultural transformation and innovations in seed technology, soil and drought management in the region.
- Meet key decision makers and agricultural experts to establish public-private partnerships for a sustainable and secure food future in East Africa
- Discuss practical solutions to the prominent climate change challenges, especially around drought management and irrigation best practice
- Improve agricultural productivity: strategies for better soil fertility management, water utilisation, mechanisation, precision farming and crop diversity
- Discover ICT for agri and mAgri innovations: support farmers through technology, data collection, and sharing among actors
- Create economic opportunities while ensuring sustainability for communities and the environment, and learn about financing trends in the region
Save the date and reserve your place to be part of engaging discussions and connection building in climate smart agriculture in Africa.
For more information about the Africa Climate Smart Agriculture Congress, visit http://csa-africa.aidforum.org or email Alina O’Keeffe, Head of Marketing, Aid & international Development Forum (AIDF) at firstname.lastname@example.org