On behalf of the Research Data Alliance (RDA), Interest Group on Agricultural Data (IDAG) and GODAN, we are pleased to invite you to the IGAD pre-conference meeting that will be held April 3-4, 2017 at the Faculty of Library and Information Science of the University of Barcelona. The event will take place before the 9th RDA Plenary Meeting, April 5-7, 2017.
The next pre-meeting will provide an opportunity to evaluate how the group has evolved during the last months, what are the latest developments and to focus on research data management and semantics. For that, and following the successful methodology applied at P7 in Tokyo (Japan), we are organizing a pre-meeting to showcase and discuss in the context of open and research data and with special attention to rice, wheat, other crops, agrisemantics and soil research data.
The RDA IGAD community is ever expanding and adding interesting new topics to its portfolio. At the P9 pre-meeting, we are excited to invite participants to discuss new topics: capacity development for agriculture research data management, weather climate data and metrics and indicators in agricultural sciences.
The two-day meeting, will include presentations during the first day, related to the topics below, while the second day will focus intensive discussions and interactions. Towards this objective, it is proposed to organize nine discussion groups around the following topics:
- Rice Data Interoperability (joint GODAN WG)
- Wheat Data Interoperability
- Other crop Research Data Interoperability
- Soil Data Interoperability (joint GODAN WG)
- On-Farm Data Sharing
- Metrics and indicators in agricultural science
- Climate/Weather Data
- Capacity development in the context of research data in agriculture (joint GODAN WG)
The conclusions of this pre-meeting will be brought to the RDA Plenary Session during the IGAD Session(s) by the chairs of each discussion group.
We are pleased to invite you to actively participate in the pre-meeting. You can be part of this event in one or more ways; based on any of the topics identified above, let us know your preferences by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com before November 15, 2016:
- I would like to make a short presentation (10’) to illustrate what are the challenges, solutions and issues identified in my own institution (send title and short description)
- I would like to chair a discussion group
- I would like to attend the meeting and participate in the discussions
We welcome your contribution and involvement in this pre-meeting.
 Research Data Alliance https://www.rd-alliance.org