31 October 2017
The GODAN Capacity Development Working Group draws from the development of a capacity building plan to foster engagement among members and drawing in the lessons collected through a different number of mappings and assessments developed in conjunction with the membership. The Working Group (WG) provides a platform for longer term actions and scaling up in the use of capacity development materials and assessments.
The objectives of this working group include
- Promote open data knowledge, increase awareness of ongoing open data initiatives, innovations and good practices
- Advocate for collaborative efforts agriculture and nutrition open data initiatives through knowledge sharing among capacity development activities
- Advocate programs, good practices, and lessons learned that enable the use of open data. Promote capacity development and diversity of open data users for a more effective accessibility, use, engagement and understand of open data
- Help us to identify and summarise the existing open data initiatives, capacities and training resources in the field of open data by feeling the following mapping exercise to be found in this Google Doc
- We are conducting a survey of people working with open data in the agriculture and nutrition space. This report will inform the development of new training materials and courses. The data from this survey, along with evidence from desk research, will then be gathered into a training needs assessment report. We kindly ask your collaboration in filling the capacity assessment survey on open data through this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KRCDBCZ
The working group was started during the GODAN Summit in September 2016.
Since March 2017, CTA and partners through the GODAN Action project have been delivering monthly webinars as one of the objectives of the Capacity Development WG. For further information or to view previous webinars, click here.
How to join the Capacity Development WG
We welcome more individuals and institutions in this framework of collaboration within GODAN.
If you are interested, register at https://dgroups.org/fao/godan_cd/join