Call for ideas and solutions for innovative African agribusiness incubation
The African Agribusiness Incubators Network (AAIN) is soliciting for business ideas and solutions from organizations and individuals focused on innovative agribusiness incubation. The investment financing is to help support solutions or start small scale agribusiness incubators along different value chains.
AAIN has established the AAIF to support emerging businesses and Small to Medium Scale Incubators to deepen the outreach and impact of agribusiness incubation in Africa. Small to medium Scale Incubators have untapped potentials that can increase opportunities for jobs and wealth creation for small scale incubators in Africa.
The investment ranges from 5,000 - 50,000 USD.
For your application to be considered you have to;
• Be a Private, for-profit company, partnership, government owned and non-profit entities;
• Propose a business /project in the area of agriculture and/or agribusiness
• Be a fully registered and paid up member of AAIN.
• Have an established and verifiable institutional track record. AAIF fund for establishment of Small Scale Agribusiness Incubators will not support start-ups as lead applicants.
• Ensure the total support requested from African Agribusiness Incubation Fund (AAIF) is at least 5,000 USD and no more than 50,000 USD
• Provide at least 20% of the total cost of the budget (matching funds).
• Demonstrate the project’s potential for creating jobs, employment and wealth in Africa
• All countries in Sub-Saharan Africa are eligible
The deadline for receipt of your application for this stage is no later than 30th June 2016 at 1700hrs GMT.